Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday, 10 June 2010


It's been a big week so far which is kinda crazy really considering I had Tuesday off work with a migraine. Thankfully it didn't hang round as long as they usually do and I haven't had the after effects I usually have for a week or so later. Yesterday was a particularly long day at work where I ended up working 11 hours! It's rare that happens but boy you notice it when it does, more so when I haven't slept well for 2 nights beforehand.

I came home intending to have a bite to eat, followed by a shower and fall into bed. I even bailed on my art class. All went to plan until I got to the shower part. I jumped in and forgot about my hair, then realised I'd accidentally wet it all. Dang, it takes ages to dry. Oh well, change of plans then. Gave it a quick wash even though it didn't really need it, got dressed again in some decent gear and decided to go and see Washuntara sing again tonight.

I figured going out would do two things, my hair would be completely dry before I went to bed and I would sleep well after the outing. It worked too!

Music definitely soothes the soul. I so needed it last night. There's something special about sitting in a small room while someone plays guitar (or piano) and sings. So much nicer than listening to a cd if you have the opportunity to do so. Plus the hugs I had from Wash were a beautiful bonus.

I also saw one of my old college teachers there, so was lovely to see him again. He retired last year and went back to work this year. A bunch of his current students were also along to enjoy Wash's music.

Well that's about it from me for today. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment