Thursday, November 5, 2009

November 3


Mum seems to be doing ok today which is good. Her cousin Robyn and husband Walter perked Mum up with a visit. They'd come up from Woollongong to see her.

It's also Melbourne Cup day, so Bob & I decided to have bit of a flutter for only the 2nd time in my life. I managed to narrow down my choices to 7! and two of them ran 1st and 2nd place. Bob also backed my horses, so between us we got back the money we'd placed on the bets plus a little extra.

It was very hot this afternoon, a stinking 38 degrees in Sydney and although I enjoyed my walk back to my apartment through Hyde Park, I did stop for a while and enjoy a slight breeze under the tree's.

My friend Gaby came over this evening and we wandered down into Chinatown for dinner. Was so good to see and spend time with her. We were just getting back to my apartment when another friend who was staying in Sydney from Canberra called to say she had just got off the train nearby, so they both came up and we had a lovely time for an hour or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment