Saturday, June 27, 2015

Hello to any random readers out there!  

It has come to my attention that this seems to have become almost a 6 monthly blog rather than the far more regular blog I had anticipated.  It definitely has it's ebbs and flows.  

So what's been happening?  Lots this end!  I'm settling into my new city in the tropics and have to say I found the summer rather challenging.  Winter, if one could call it that, is a whole other story and the weather is perfect!  Just a teeny bit cool at night, certainly not cold by any stretch of the imagination but enough to have a sheet and a lightweight blanket over you.  The days are glorious. Fresh of a morning but again, not cold, and the days are like early summer.  It's cool enough now that I can put pot plants out on my little deck without them getting burnt to a crisp by the summer sun. Living away from my family and friends has been a little tough too.. although good practice for when I move to NZ!  

The other BIG news is I appear to be in a relationship!  After saying things along the line of never again, well maybe but not for a very long time, and no way not for at least another 2 yrs because I have too much to do between now and then and the timing just sucks... well, here I am.

I have to say it's been the most challenging relationship I've ever experienced which is due in part to the timing being really bad in many ways and me not wanting to start a new relationship.  However, he is still hanging about or should I say coming up to visit - he lives 3.5 hrs drive south of me.. and when we are together, I enjoy his company.

I've found my future plans for the year have pretty much gone out the window and many things have been put on hold while I explore this whatever it is.  It's taking me quite some time to adjust and while I love spending time with him, I'm also very glad of the distance during the week as I need the space.  

I'm one of those weird people who loves their own space and desperately needs that time out.  I can't say I get time out completely though as we seem to spend a LOT of time on the phone each day, however, the physical space is just what I need and at this stage, I don't think I'd cope with living in the same town.  So baby steps as I do this whole adjustment thing and enjoy each day as it comes as I continue to try and become accustomed to this whole relationship thing again!

Relationships are sooo consuming, aren't they?  I've yet to find a balance and a way to make my hopes, dreams and plans to fit in around it all.  That said, the times we spend together often involve a lot of laughter, hand holding, sweet kisses and being in the country.

Well that's it from me for now, but I'll keep you posted!  Thanks to anyone out there who may have had a read.

Today's pic is some gorgeous sweet smelling flowers.  I have no idea what they are but I came across them when I was out walking one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment