Thursday, March 26, 2009

March 26



Today we (as in Mum & I) headed into the eye hospital in time for her 10am admission. She was taken into theatre at 1.30pm for what was supposed to be a 30-45 min operation. They didn't finish the surgery until 5pm as her eye has deteriorated considerably in the last few weeks, so it made things a lot more complicated. Anyways, she's ok and was very happy with the doctor, said they talked her through it all and taught her the proper name of the op as well.

So by the time I saw her and walked back to where I'm staying, it was well after 6pm and I'm bushed! My hip hurts, my left foot is very sore and my calf muscles are screaming. Ah well, tomorrow is another day!

Some friends of my parents went to see Dad today at the respite centre where he's staying for the next 4 weeks. They said he was well and chirpy. He told them he'd been to daycare today but it's not his usual day, so who knows? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. At least he's happy.

Bob got Jamie into his new lodgings today and said he was happy with everything at lunchtime when he spoke with him, so hopefully that all works out well.

Well perhaps now is the time for me to be realistic and realise that completing anymore of my course isn't going to happen. Extremely disappointing, not to mention frustrating and I'm really peeved off with myself for not getting it done, but at the moment, I'm just too weary to concentrate much tonight which only leaves me tomorrow night before Bob gets down here and it sure ain't gonna happen then. I may achieve a little but it won't be anywhere near enough. Cest la vie as they say (if I've spelt that right!).

Todays pics are some I took while wandering and waiting for Mum's surgery to be done. One is of the Sydney tower and another is of a double decker topless or open air type of tourist bus.


No comments:

Post a Comment