Monday, March 30, 2009

March 29



Oops, I missed a day again! So this is yesterday's coming a day late. Yesterday was my dear friend Stu's 50th birthday. Hope you had an awesome day Stu. My much loved and missed sister in law would have turned 47 today. Gosh it's hard to believe it's almost 10 yrs since she passed. Doesn't seem that long in some ways.

So yesterday's report ~ Mum is progressing well. The doctor's are happy with her progress and today she had some laser treatment on some stitches inside her eye that were a little tight. Apparently her eye has become extremely fragile over recent times which is also the reason her lens has started to detach or is dislocated as the eye doctors say. The eye isn't quite as cloudy looking today, although was very uncomfortable and painful after they played around with the laser.

Between visits, Bob & I went down and had brunch at Pancakes on The Rocks. We wandered about a bit, checked out the Contempory Art Museum and took a ferry ride over to Manly. Came back and visited with Mum some more before going back to our digs and collapsing exhausted for a while. I've had a lot of trouble sleeping the last few nights, so Bob had the idea of doing something in the evening so I'd be totally exhausted and sleep.

We had some delicious samosa's before heading off to the nearest monorail station. I'm not a big fan of the monorail but didn't tell him that. He was pretty excited and loved it! We did a complete loop ~ it goes from the city centre to Darling Harbour and back ~ and then stayed on for 2 more stops until we got to the Centrepoint Tower. Yep, you guessed it. Me, who absolutely hates heights went up Centrepoint Tower. By the time we were half way up in the lift, Bob realised what a huge thing this was for me. Poor guy only got to do a quick lap of the tower before I couldn't cope with it anymore. I'd have been happy for him to stay up there, but he came back down with me. So the pics for yesterday's adventures are of the tower in daylight and a pic of me bravely trying to smile while we were up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment