Friday, March 14, 2014

Ahh two posts in two days... what's the world coming to!!  

Today has been a day of beautiful moments, little surprises, a few tears and a day that has felt somewhat emotional.  I don't mean in a bad way, just a my heart is full kind of way.  

I started my day with a walk on the beach where I watched the sunrise (taking a whole bunch of photo's as well) and enjoyed getting my feet wet by the water as the tide came in.

I had a tarot reading, just for something different and was blown away by how much it resonated with me.  I didn't give the tarot reader any information at all before starting and very limited later on through the reading, so found it rather surprising.  

Today's workshop was around joy not only for ourselves and our own achievements, but also those around us, those close and not so close.  

During the morning, I also received a call from one of my best friend's who I went to high school with.  She lives in our home town and we only get to catch up periodically.  She's getting married in a few weeks and has asked me to go down.  I'm so thrilled for her and she richly deserves to have this love in her life.

This afternoon consisted of a Nia dance workshop.  Can you imagine?  Me, the person who doesn't dance, who doesn't know how to dance, doesn't feel comfortable at all on a dance floor (background story of screwed up religious cult type beliefs of childhood), yet loves to watch others dance and have always secretly kind of wanted to know how to dance, just not game enough to do it.

I'm totally uncoordinated, have two left feet, feel very awkward and uncomfortable, but I did it!  And mostly enjoyed it once I got over that sick feeling that accompanies anything you are resistant to doing.  And what a workout it gives you too!  

This evening, I had a long chat with a new-ish friend (we met mid last year) and facilitator of this retreat.  She has been really supportive of my venture into running my own retreats and tonight gave me a little gift from NZ, as encouragement and support and a token to wish me well in my new direction. I'm feeling very blessed tonight.  

Well this is it for today's post and I will finish by posting a pic of this morning's sunrise over the beach at Yamba.


No comments:

Post a Comment