Wednesday, March 26, 2014

How time flies!  I've done it again.. left you alone for days on end... how rude?  What self respecting blogger would do that?  Hmm one that gets busy and distracted and sometimes thinks about the blogging but by the time she thinks of it, is yawning and ready for bed.  I know, sad excuse but true.

So what has happened since I last wrote?  Well a whole heap!!  Sadly, I can't say that 2 kgs I lost while on I was on leave has stayed off... 1kg has crept back on again.  That whole eating regularly thing and moving more makes such a difference!  What I'm eating hasn't really changed too much, but it's not always at regular hours and I'm not moving as much due to my work hours, the fact I have an office job and spend up to 3 hrs a day in the car getting to and from work.  

I do try and get out for a walk at some point during the work day and use the stairs wherever possible, but clearly it's not quite enough.  Plus the irregular meals, particularly later evening meals, probably doesn't help at all.

I've not been keeping up with my meditation of late either and need to get back in the habit of doing it daily, however, I do usually find myself chanting the Gayatri Mantra in the car while I'm driving.  I agree it's probably not the best place to do it, but it passes the time and I feel like I'm getting the benefit of it albeit in not the right way.

Going back to work was full on too.  Stay away from that place a few days to a week and all sorts of things change!  Being away for 10 days can bring even bigger changes.  Gotta love the field I work in.  I've learnt awesome change management skills along the way!  It keeps me on my toes and the job is always interesting.

Last weekend, I took my 5 yr old grandson to Underwater World on the Sunshine Coast as a belated birthday present.  I picked him up on Friday night for a sleep over so we could head up the next morning once we were awake and moving.  My can that little boy talk!  I'm not sure he even draws breath at times.  Very cute and very funny too.  

At one stage I asked him to repeat himself because I didn't quite catch what he said.  He speaks softly at times.  He looked at me and said something along the lines of..'oh Mardi, it's a good thing you're not quite really old yet otherwise you mightn't hear me at all!' I wasn't quite sure what to think of that one but it sure gave me a giggle.

He had a great time on our little adventure and finally flaked out and slept the whole way home.  I dropped him off and then picked up my youngest granddaughter for a couple of hours.  She is such a little darling and just melts me.  Needless to say, I was very ready for bed that night!

Sunday was spent catching up on chores and then Sunday evening was off to the Jazz Club to hear my friend's band play.  Aside from his own band, he's also a part of a large band and they played a set in the middle of his concert. A fantastic night as always and awesome musicians.  I could listen to my friend play all night.  

Tonight's pic is of my friend and I after his gig.  Not the best pic and unexpectedly taken by another friend who'd come along for the night, but kind of nice to have a pic though given we've known each other a few years now and have never gotten around to that.

Lots more happening but I'll save that for another night otherwise you may doze off while reading.  Or need reading glasses!  Thanks if you made it this far.

PS.. it's only about 8 days until my first retreat yikes!!  I'm excited and anxious about it all in one.  Hopefully it goes well.



No comments:

Post a Comment