Sunday, April 13, 2014

It's been a little while since I posted.  How is it that time goes so fast?  I know I say that often and you're probably sick of reading it.  Our lives seem to be lived at such a fast pace these days.

The weekend retreat I ran last weekend on the Sunshine Coast was lovely and went well.  It was so nice to see this bunch of women again and spend time with them, being creative, laughing, talking, sharing meals, shopping, enjoying the scenery and catching up on what's going on in our lives.

We altered the program I'd put together a little to make space for more of that catch up time.  We still did our beading workshop though and all left sporting a lovely beaded necklace we'd made.  A special memento of our weekend together.  We also did the fastest session ever on mindfulness the morning we left.  It still went well though and the women said they enjoyed it.  

The feedback I received was all positive and there's even been a suggestion to make it an annual event.  How fun will that be!

I have to say the Bella Vista Pizzeria at Mapleton is worth a visit.  The guy that waited on our table (I think he may have been the owner) was a very funny guy and had awesome people skills.  Food was great too.

Maleny Cheese Factory was delicious as always and they do great cheese and antipasto platters too.  We also went to the nearby lookout and enjoyed the spectacular views of the Glasshouse Mountains.  I think I need to go back up there in the not too distant future and enjoy those views some more.

In other news, I've now sent off my advertising cards to Altamont Lodge in Lake Wanaka where I'll be hosting my NZ retreat.  The lovely Noeline is going to have the cards at her reception for anyone who may be interested.  

Well that's about it from me for now.  Today's pic is of the Glasshouse Mountains.  Wishing you a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment