Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Oh my, how the time flies!  I was thinking it had been around a week since my last post, but it's actually been 9 days.  So what has happened in that time?  

I had a look at a venue yesterday for the retreat I'd like to run in November. It's very close to another place I'd had in mind, however, that place has sadly closed.  This place was definitely work-able though, had good sized rooms, offered catering as well, but alas is unavailable the weekend I'd like it!  So I'm looking at a Plan B and perhaps a Plan C.

I'm also getting ready to start up a Women's Circle ~ a small gathering for women I hope to run for a couple of hours once a month.  So things are slowly but surely coming together for this dream of mine.  

I'm still enjoying the Gayatri Mantra on a daily basis, just listening to it being sung on a CD I have is very relaxing as well.  It's beautiful.  

It was great to have the break over Easter and I spent some time catching up with family and relaxing.  I didn't go away as I thought I may have done, but enjoyed the time at home.  I tried to get into some painting, but I think my head or mind was too in the way and it wasn't terribly productive or successful or satisfying.  Perhaps some mindfulness and letting things be, just getting in the moment and painting would have been better!  

I did manage to spend some time by the water, doing some reflecting and planning as well as enjoying the fresh sea air.  I'm also hoping to get away for a couple of days this weekend and have some beach time.

I'm feeling a little ticked at the moment because I'm not making any progress with my weight.  In fact, I've re-gained the little I lost.  It's such a roller coaster and never ending battle ground.  I will keep plugging away though and I realise that perhaps I need to look at the bigger picture some more.  

Making some other changes might also mean looking at my days and making time to do certain things like walk more regularly.  Also looking at being a little more mindful about meals I make, not continually getting home late and thinking I couldn't be bothered so just grabbing whatever I lay my hands on first.  I guess it's about breaking those not so good habits really.  That mindful word keeps popping up, doesn't it?  It really plays a role in every aspect of our life.

Well that's it from me for now.  Thanks for reading.  Today's pic is of a little plaque I saw in a garden at the recent retreat I had on the Sunshine Coast.


No comments:

Post a Comment