Monday, April 14, 2014

Wow, nice to see a whole bunch of readers to my last post.  Thank you for taking the time out to have a read!!

I realised after my last post that I didn't mention the business breakfast I attended last Friday.  One of the speakers was very difficult to hear but spoke about the marketing side of business and what I could hear, sounded really interesting and very relevant so it's something I'd like to chase up a little more.

A friend attended with me and from there we went to check out a venue for another retreat I'd like to run locally in October.  The grounds and the rooms were good, but I didn't quite like the feel of the place.  It was a church run place and had a very heavy Christian feel about it which is fine, but it just didn't feel right or quite appropriate for what I was looking for.  So it's back to the drawing board. 

I have made enquiries about another place and once we've finished playing phone tag, I will hopefully be able to go check it out.  

I also found another motel type place up the Sunshine Coast that I'd like to check out.  A little more expensive than I was looking for, but it may be ideal for our needs so hopefully over the Anzac weekend break I can take a peek.  I may even try to spend a night up there.  

I've had the frustrating exercise of looking for a medium sized art book that I'd written a lot of workshop idea's in, along with a children's book outline. Do you think I can find it though?  I last had it just before I went to NZ and I've been looking for it ever since I returned from the Yamba retreat.  It surely can't be too far away but I have looked and looked and looked everywhere I can possibly think of and then some.  

I'm hoping that if I can't find the book, that I at least have another big burst of inspiration so I can recall or come up with some fresh ideas that I can use. I feel the need to have a major planning session and would like to do some of that over the Easter break.  I don't mean spend the whole break on it, just a day .. or an hour here or there as the idea's come by.  

Well it's just about time for me to stop rambling here but just wanted to say that I feel a bit like I'm missing NZ at the moment.  Crazy eh?  Never lived there yet so very drawn to the place.  I was looking through some of my pics and decided to share another with you.  It was taken in Lake Wanaka heading towards Mt Aspiring.  The beauty of this place takes my breath away and I so want to spend a lengthier period of time there.  Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment