Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday, April 12th 2010


Two posts in a week, that's got to be a good start! I've been contemplating blogs on other topics as I mentioned last time, but would that be manageable? Or should I keep it all here? Decisions decisions.

In the two years I've been in this house, it seems to have become more and more cluttered which just about drives me nuts. Probably something to do with the fact we've had 5 households move into one! Anyways, I don't like clutter at all yet I seem to be surrounded by it. I would like to sort and turf. Well perhaps even sell some unused, unwanted stuff, but most of all I want it to not be here.

My dilemma is that it's at overwhelming proportions. Possibly because not all of the stuff in this house is mine. But I find it all overwhelming because I'm unable to get to some of my gear easily which makes it that little harder to sort. So to do this would be bit of a mission and I'm thinking I may need to start by tackling one room at a time, starting with my bedroom and then doing the common areas of the house before ending up in the garage which is the stuff nightmares are made of.

So the de-cluttering is one line of thought for a blog. The other is writing a book. I've had one book part written for a few years now and haven't added anything for at least 6 yrs. I have another small one I wrote in that time that I sent off to one publisher and got a 'good' rejection letter (it's funny how they are kind of graded isn't it?). I think with some tweaking, it might be worth while sending out again so that's another project in it's self.

But the one that's been really playing on my mind of late, is a story that's been simmering away the last 5-6 years. I want to use some of my experiences as a springboard for a fiction. I knew it was a story I wasn't ready to write for quite a while and I think the readiness to write it, is almost here. It's been on my mind a lot lately. Characters, names, scenes are popping into my head and I need to jot them down.

And there we have it. Two blog possibilities - Decluttering and Writing up a Storm - or something like that. Would it be too much to have more than one blog on the go? Will that mean I'm spending all my time writing on blogs rather than book writing? Or can the blog writing be helpful with the book?

So back to the purpose of this particular blog - a photo a day. A photo journal if you will. We looked after my grandson Xavier this weekend. He's walking now, is ever so cute and has the cheekiest little grin. Today's pic is Xavier. It's not the clearest pic ever but you can get my drift on the cheeky grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment