Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday, 25 April 2010


Today is Anzac Day, one of those days that carries different emotional ties for different people. I haven't attended a service so far today and don't plan to this year, but it is in my thoughts and in my heart and I will go to the local memorial later in the date to have a look at the wreaths. I always enjoy the dawn service if I'm going to attend, something very beautiful and heartfelt about it. I have such mixed feelings about Anzac Day, I honour our forefathers and the young men and women who have represented our country in the most recent wars. I strongly believe they should be honoured for putting their lives on the line. However, I don't believe in war or in glorifying war, so it brings a mixed feeling about it.

In other goings on ~life is moving right along. Had a couple of yuck days but that's life isn't it? So we keep on keeping on and try to keep our heads up. This weekend is a long weekend, so gives time to take a breather and refresh. I might even make some Anzac biscuits today! I also plan to do bit of a clean up around the yard and at some stage between today and tomorrow, will do some painting.

Well that's about it from me for now. I will be back later if I think of anymore to add, otherwise I'll be back another day!

Today's pic is of one cheeky lovable little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment