Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday 18 April 2010


So it's Sunday evening and I'm here wondering where on earth does the time go? Although when I stop and think about the things I've done this weekend, it has been enjoyable. The weekend started off on Friday night looking after my beautiful grandchildren, Tiara and Xavier. Tiara had a sleepover and Xavier just stayed for a few hours.

Saturday morning we did a little shopping with Tiara before her parents came to pick her up, then we headed back out to get some salt for the pool and a few seedlings. Had a brief nap in the afternoon, went out for a quick birthday drink for Jon's girlfriend's birthday and then settled in to watch Mao's Last Dancer. What a fantastic movie - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Had a slow start today, enjoyed a sleep in which almost never happens, a lazy breakfast before deciding I felt like cooking today. A zuchini slice, a sticky date pudding for tonight's dessert, some chocolate chip cookies and some brownies before putting a leg of lamb and some veggies on to roast. Played around with the pottery bells I made but I have them strung too far apart and they are heavier than anticipated, so I need to start over on that little project.

I'd planned to do some painting but didn't quite get there so perhaps tomorrow night. And that was my weekend. Still no progress on the decluttering, which I must seriously do something about deciding where to start - I do kind of have a thought or plan of how to go about it, so I guess that's a start isn't it? And no progress on the writing either.

Today's pic is my absolute favourite of my Tasmanian pics. It was taken at a lookout point between Strahan and Queenstown.

No comments:

Post a Comment