Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday, 18 July 2010


Well you know how I mentioned in my previous post, that the week preceding had been really crappy and I was hoping for a better week? Didn't happen. There were some good parts, but oh my gosh, it made the previous week pale in comparison.

I guess the Universe has decided I need to be challenged. Boy oh boy, am I being challenged at the moment. My sister said yesterday that is seems to be a test of my resilience. I'm so glad she said that, because it gave me encouragement to keep on going. Things are likely to get worse before they improve, that's just the reality of what's happening here at the moment, but I'm also hopeful that it may not be as bad as we've been led to believe. So here's to hope!!

I'm not going to go into the challenges here because apart from acknowledging them in the way I have done here, I don't want to give them more 'air time' (for want of a better way to say it). I'd rather try and keep looking ahead. I know there is more to come and I know there will be more tough days, but I want to keep focusing on hope and being grateful for the good things that are happening in my life.

So talking about the good things, once again I enjoyed a lovely night listening to Washuntara sing and play last Wednesday night. It is such a joy to be around him while he is making such beautiful music. Actually, it's a joy to be around him anytime.

On Thursday night, I caught up with my friend Brett who I'd gone to school with. I've probably already mentioned that we have been catching up reasonably regularly, along with another friend Sharon who is currently overseas.

Thursday had been a truly awful day so it was good to spend time with a caring friend. He was kind enough to buy me dinner as well after realising I hadn't eaten all day.

Friday afternoon was a continuation of Thursday's events, so an out of the blue invitation to have dinner and watch a movie with another friend Kharlyn was greatly appreciated. We had dinner and we talked until late into the night on all kinds of subjects but we didn't get round to watching the movie.

Then yesterday, my dear friend Kath came and took me out for a drive. We had a couple of hours out in the sunshine near the water. Perfect for de-stressing!

An early trip to the farmers markets was the order of today and I've just had a quiet one since then. Very relaxing. I'm planning to do a little gardening too, although if I'm going to do that, I need to get out there fairly soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment