Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday, 4 July 2010

.
Oops, it's been a little while since my last post. I'm recently back from a road trip interstate. I left on a Thursday, stayed a night with my parents in Tamworth, before heading off to Sydney for a couple of nights. On the way to Sydney, I stopped in Scone for coffee with my friend Querida, then stopped again in Newcastle for lunch with my aunt, uncle and cousins. I managed to get into Sydney right on peak hour which is great on a Friday afternoon!! Only took one wrong turn and with phone directions from my friend Gaby, I found it to her place safely.

I had a wonderful night at Gaby's place, good food, good company (we were joined by Sarah, her partner and Isabella), and good conversation. We had brunch the next day at a place called Flower Power, delicious! and we discussed what we might do at our upcoming palooza in October.

From Gaby's place, I went to Cronulla where I spent the night at my friend Tez's place. Another good night, enjoyed bit of an outing, good food and lively conversation. We slept late the next day and had brunch before a drive around Cronulla.

I decided against battling the Monday morning peak hour traffic and headed off to Rylstone in the afternoon, where I spent the next two nights with my brother in law and niece. It was so good to be back on the farm again and so very hard to leave. They've asked me to stay longer next time, so am definitely going to see if I can do something about that in the not too distant future.

It was rather cool down there with the morning temps around -3.5 degrees celcious and the daytime temps around 10 degrees. The drive back to Tamworth was cold, foggy and icy due to a very heavy frost but very beautiful.

I spent the next two nights in Tamworth with my parents. Helped Mum out with some chores, did some cooking and took her out for coffee at a friend's coffee shop. It was great to see Libby again as I haven't seen her for around 15 yrs or so. I also caught up with my friend Tracey who I've also known since school and I cooked indian curries for Trace and her partner before leaving for home the next day.

Good grief it was cold that morning though. It was -5 in Tamworth when I left and I don't think it was much warmer in Glen Innes when I got there. Glen Innes had experienced -10 degrees for the 3rd morning running! I think I was close to the Qld border before I started to warm up. The heater in my car had decided not to work, so that certainly didn't help.

Since returning home, I've enjoyed a couple of quiet days catching up with friends, doing a little shopping and a little gardening. I've taken so many lovely pics while I was away that it will be hard to choose just one to put in here, so you may see a few of them appear over the next little while. Today's pic is of my beautiful niece Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment