Tuesday, June 16, 2009

~ The Circle of Tag Goes 'Round Again ~

I was tagged by the beautiful Bella to answer these questions!

1. Who is the hottest movie star?

Hmm, well I don't know about the hottest but for me, there are a few I find hard to beat. Colin Firth, Matthew McConaghy, George Clooney and Richard Gere are some I really like. A lot!

2. Apart from a house and/or car, what is the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought?

Probably my holiday in Melbourne a few years ago. I hung out with some of the Tavern wenches for part of that trip and had an absolutely wonderful time.

3. What's your most treasured memory?

It's hard to narrow down to just one. The births of all my sons are treasured memories, as are the births of my gorgeous little grandbabies. It's just as amazing and magical welcoming your grandbabies into the world as it is your own babies. It still makes me misty eyed to think about it.

Apart from those, there are two that probably stand out for me. The first was Christmas day lunches at my maternal grandparents place. We'd have a sit down lunch of roast meat and vegetables, followed by plum pudding complete with threepences etc inside. Afterwards my grandfather would play Santa Claus and hand out gifts. Granddad could often be persuaded to play his piano accordian and harmonica. He also played the bones or spoons with them. I loved listening to him play.

The other special memory I have is of my sister in law not long after she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. She'd lost a considerable amount of weight and her legs had become quite skinny. She and I sat there one afternoon checking out all the way we could cross our legs and laughing hysterically. Loud enough that our husbands came in to see what was going on. They wandered off again shaking their heads. We were also listening to a John Denver CD and in the middle of our laughing, a song came on and she said to me that she wanted me to remember that song. Whatever happened, remember that song. I didn't get what she was talking about for a minute and when I finally did, we were both in tears (she wanted it played at her funeral). The song was Rhyme or Reason. Our husbands walked in again in the middle of our tears, looked at each other then got a tissue box each, handed them to us and beat a hasty retreat. A moment later, we were laughing crazily again at our husbands reactions. Poor guys, didn't know what to make of us. She died about 7 months later and that memory has remained a very treasured one for me.

4. What was the best gift you ever received as a child?

I can't think of any that stand out particularly. I know I was often asked was there anything particular I'd like and usually my requests were all fairly small, but they were rarely fulfilled because they were thought to be childish or not practical (like a barbie doll when I was a little girl). Perhaps one that I had the most fun with once I became confident on it was a bike.

5. 4 words to describe yourself ~

Creative, friendly, caring and optimisitic.

6. What was the highlight of 2008?

My eldest son's wedding. It was an absolutely beautiful wedding, very happy and relaxed in a stunning setting on Stradbroke Island.

7. Favourite film?

Sheesh, as usual I have a couple of favourites. Notting Hill & Love Actually are probably two of the biggest faves although there are others I love too, like Tuesday's with Morrie, True Lies and Lil Rascals.

8. Tell me one thing that I don't know about you.

I never liked being the eldest child in my family. Ok, that's not a very positive one so I'll go for another one. My sister and I used to ride horses and sometimes at the end of the week if not all the horses had been ridden at the riding school where we used to go, the lady who ran the school would let us come out for a free ride to exercise them. One weekend, she let us ride our horses home while we had lunch. We tethered them to our swing set and went inside for lunch. When we came out, the horses were gone. We were frantic and had Mum driving us all over the neighbourhood looking for them. Eventually Mum decided we'd have to go and call the lady. The phone was ringing when we got in and it was the lady from the riding school asking were we missing anything? Apparently the horses decided to go home!

9. If you were a comic book/cartoon character, who would you be?

Marge Simpson is probably who I relate to the most.

10. What's one stupid thing you did today?

Said to my boss that I'd have to wait until a co worker came back before I could go out, thinking there was only one work vehicle there when there was actually two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to come back here later and tag a couple of other bloggers.





No comments:

Post a Comment