Saturday, April 11, 2009

April 11th



Had a nice cruisey type of day today. Went off on a mission this morning for a few things but in half a dozen different stores spread across the city. First stop was IKEA for a ~ as in one ~ stool. IKEA, well what can I say, there is no walking in there for just one thing. The place is massive. We came out with two stools and a hanging thingy for the grandkids stuffed toys.

After IKEA was Bunnings, one of my favourite stores. Picked up a new door knob/handle/thingy for Josh's bedroom door because his broke. While we were there, some sweet pea, stocks & heartsease seedlings just jumped into our basket. Amazing how they do that!

From there it was off to Eckersleys ~ the art shop that is another favourite and just as dangerous. I was after a particular type of paint, but alas, they didn't have any in the colour I wanted. So I came away with two different shades of pigment and some clear medium to mix it with. Hopefully it does what I'd like it to do.

Then Lincraft to grab another ball of wool so I could do the tassels to finish off the shawl I knitted. A couple of balls in another colour also fell into my hands too.

Home again where I put the tassels on the shawl, cripes, what a time consuming tedious little job! But worth the effort. Decided to try a little fishing, eventually caught a couple of bait fish in the cast net and set some lines up. Finished the evening with some delicious Thai food and a movie.

Today's pics are from our very early start to the day ~ daybreak!

1 comment: