Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 15th


Wow, what a day. I received notification from my tutor that I'd passed every subject in one of the units I'd sent in for marking ~ yayy! He was also very happy with the fact I was getting everything in so quickly when I realised how close the deadline was and has actually extended the deadline for the final unit, so I now have another week or two to complete. Very happy about that, it takes the pressure off and I can breathe! I would have needed to be in tonight's mail otherwise and it just wasn't possible to complete in that time, so I was planning to send in as much as I'd completed. But I'm being given the opportunity to fully complete, so that's fantastic.

Things have been a bit whacky at work lately, so it's been decided to have a few days of team building next week.

My challenge is to plan a mystery tour, kind of like a car rally where I have a destination in mind and I plot and plan the trip. We will have two cars going, so I can send them off at 10 minute intervals or send them via different directions.

My plan is they will have to follow clues to get there, no road maps, no street names, just clues and they will have little tasks to do along the way. Like take a photo of the view, pick a flower from the tree you see on this street, stop at this shop and pick up a message, drop in to a chinese restaurant and find out what #17 on the menu is.

I now need to choose a destination that is within a 60-90 minute radius, so that is today's task and then tomorrow, I'll do a dry run to plot and plan the route and the tasks they have to do along the way. Should be fun!

The only major requirements or requests are that there is relatively easy parking and a nice restaurant or place to eat at the destination. And it would be awesome if there was some type of scenic view to add to that. I've had a few ideas but just have to see how feasible they are.

And onto todays pic which is of some of the neighbours flowers down near the jetty.

No comments:

Post a Comment