Saturday, February 22, 2014

Ah dear reader, my apologies for missing a couple of days.  It's been a crazy busy week and this middle aged body has been feeling the effects of that busy-ness.  

I met with a business planner on Thursday night who was really helpful and gave me plenty to think about.  She is sending me a basic business plan to start working with and I can email that back to her for feedback when I'm ready.  I'm also able to continue seeing her when/as I need to.  What a wonderful service our local council runs!  

One of the first things to consider is the business name I'd chosen and registered.  She pointed out there is nothing in business name that tells people I'm running retreats or workshops.  The funny thing is, another name I almost chose would have done just that, but I was concerned about wanting to do other things as well and went with an umbrella type name.  Sounds like my first line of thinking may have made more sense.  Ah well, I will do some more checking out around that and who knows, may well register a slightly different name specifically for the retreats and workshops.

I'm feeling very despondent about my weight at the moment.  It's doing the see saw thing and has been up a little this week, so I've felt rather uncomfortable and blobbish.  Most days I've been home too late to go out walking (I don't feel entirely safe walking at night) or I've had something else on.  

Hopefully I can get this sorted a little more next week, although I've noticed the days are starting to become a little shorter (in relation to sunlight) as we head towards autumn.  Not that the weather seems to be aware it's almost autumn, it's been stinking hot and humid this week again.  Bring on winter I say!

That aside, I'm considering getting some exercise equipment when my son moves out and I will have the room to put it in either the garage (which is full of his gear) or what is now his bedroom.  I'm considering an exercise bike initially or perhaps a walking machine.  But I would also like to get another pushbike too, especially when some of this weight starts to come off.  

I'm determined to do some painting sometime this weekend too.  It's been way too long since I've painted so the time has come to change that.  

Well I'm off to try and catch a few more zzz's before I get into my day.  I hope your day has some awesome in it.  Today's pic is of the view I had from my hotel room last Sunday evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment