Sunday, February 23, 2014

What a glorious day it was today!  The sun was out and there was a good breeze that eased the heat and humidity that we had last week.

I attended the local Mind Body Spirit expo this morning, which is on a much smaller scale than the ones held in some of the capital cities.  I'm heading into the Brisbane one next weekend, so looking forward to that.  It was good to attend the one here in the Redlands though because I was wanting to check out their space and see if it may be suitable for workshops.  And yes, it definitely would be!

After the expo, I visited my eldest son and his family who just live a short way up the road.  He has two gorgeous little boys and the youngest is a very busy little soul.  From there I went and visited my 3rd son and his little girl who is absolutely adorable.  She may come and have a sleepover with me next weekend so that will be fun.  

Came home, did a few chores, put some silverside in the slow cooker, did some programming for the buddies retreat, had a nap and woke wondering what the neighbours were cooking because it smelt good.  Went downstairs and realised it was the silverside I could smell and yes, it was delicious!

Tonight I've lit some candles for a young asylum seeker, Reza Barati, who fled his country of origin to seek safety and instead was locked up by our government on Manus Island and then murdered a couple of nights ago.  The way our government treats vulnerable people, such as Reza, is truly appalling. To my way of thinking, it's purely about punishment rather than offering a safe haven.  

All that aside, my heart goes out to Reza's family.  I can only imagine the heartache, pain and grief they would be feeling.  RIP Reza.


No comments:

Post a Comment