Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hi ho hi ho, it was back to work I go...  and what a busy full on day it was! Not to mention rather productive as I finally completed my performance review (aka MPR) and have sent it off to my line manager. 

We chatted last week about it and I wasn't sure whether to mention my retreat plans, whether it was an appropriate thing to put in my 3-5 yr plan. She was very supportive though and noted where my plans and the skills I will be using in my workshops and retreats can also link very nicely into the work I do as team leader with a team of case workers working in a fast paced environment assisting some of our most vulnerable people in the community. Anyways, good to finally have it done and we will have our follow up discussion around it next week.

Oh my goshes, I had the most scrumptious dish tonight.  I've never made a laksa before and tonight I made a seafood laksa.  How is it that I've never made or eaten this before I wonder??  It was absolutely delicious!

Well I checked my weight this morning and was somewhat disheartened to see absolutely no change whatsoever.  I guess the good thing was there had been no increase, but it's not quite what I was hoping for.  I'm feeling very big and self conscious about my weight at the moment too. 

I realise I need to put more effort into healthy eating and I recognise that one of the big factors is my work hours and how tired I am when I get home.  I think more pre-planning may be in order.  Pre-plan quick easy simple healthy evening meals.  Go back to the salads or soup for lunch.  Fruit or cereal for breakfast, although I can't do the cereal every morning so I need to mix it up a little.  

I also need to move more.  My job is very sedentary and I spend a large part of my day sitting.  So it's about moving regularly during my work day.  I use the stairs whenever I go to the bathroom and go either up or down to the next floors.  I think it would be helpful if I went out walking or found some type of exercise I could do at home in the evenings.  

It was good to get back to my yoga nidra this morning.  I'd not done it at all while I was away and was really feeling I needed to get back into it as soon as possible.  I really notice the benefits.

Tomorrow night I need to get a little organised and have all my paperwork together in readiness for a business planning meeting on Thursday night, to help me get this fledgling business of mine off the ground.  I'm very excited about it. 

I've been having little niggles of doubt this last week or so and I think having this meeting will help.  It's probably also time I touched base with my mentors again.  I also need to start writing my questions down again, as I had been doing previously.  At least once they are down, I can start addressing them.

Well, I'm off to bed.  Thanks out there to anyone reading.  Tonight's pic is of the fog over the mountains in the Jamboroo area outside of Kiama.  There is some very beautiful countryside around there.


No comments:

Post a Comment