Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday proved to be just as full as Monday!  Not quite as crazy busy, but certainly a very full day.  I had some underwhelming training for the first 3 hours at work, a truly poor presenter.  Poor guy.. I hope he improves sometime.

I finally managed to connect with a woman who helps people in my region get started with new businesses.  It's a free service run by the local council and she helps you with your business planning.  She was lovely and very positive, so I'm looking forward to meeting with her in a few weeks time.

I had an embarrassing moment today when I had lunch (a healthy stir fry) at an awesome little Thai place near work.  I sometimes go there when I need some time out of the office and choose a quiet table where I can sit and read/work over lunch.  

Anyways, I took a different bag with me, one that fitted my books in, and just threw my phone, glasses etc into the bag.  All good until I went to get my wallet out to pay for my lunch.  BIG oooops.. I'd left it at the office. Thankfully the owner recognised me (my team has get togethers there sometimes), well more to the point, knows me and some of my team by name now so he was all cool with it and I was able to go back down later to pay.   

Have still struggled with tiredness a bit today, so I'm hoping it's nearly ready to wander off and leave me alone.  Thank goodness for my yoga.. I'm sure that's helping to keep me going during the day.

I had a phone call from my youngest son tonight.. the one that seems to have been somewhat accident prone over the last 18 mths or so.  He's had two rather serious accidents which have both left him with permanent injuries, although that said, he's recovered extremely well from them and far better than anticipated.

Anyways, today was his 3rd accident.  This time no injuries but his work vehicle was written off and yes, he was very lucky not to be injured as the cabin of his ute was partially crushed, breaking the windscreen and causing most of the dashboard and it's components to pop out.  Counting our blessings tonight!

Well that's it from me and I'll be back again tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment