Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Good grief, this tired thing is no fun at the moment.  I do my yoga nidra of a morning, I'm usually awake for a short while before I do it, but the last couple of days I've really struggled to stay focused and not sleep during it.  I've felt better afterwards but it's sure been a task to not go back to sleep, despite having slept pretty much all night.  Well pretty much all night usually includes being awake once or twice at some stage, but eventually going back to sleep. Anyways, hopefully it's nearly finished bothering me and I will go back to feeling not so sleepy real soon.  Tomorrow sounds like a good starting point I think!

Work was pretty intense today, which probably wasn't helped by the tired thing and I had to do some self care stuff to get through the day.  Like actually go out of the office and walk at lunch time.  I had a meeting mid afternoon outside of the offices, so I took my own car and went home after the meeting instead of returning to work.  The meeting didn't finish until after 4, so I would have only had to drive back to office in a work car then finish up anyway.  All I did was cut about half an hour off.

I had a few chores to do on the way home, so I did them and then went out by the water.  I needed to feel the grass and sand under my feet and then get my feet wet.  I was really yearning for that all day.  I guess it's that sense of grounding after an intense day.  The water was like a warm bath and the sand isn't exactly the fine white stuff, rather a course brown-ish sand, but it didn't matter.. it still served it's purpose.  And I managed to get a nice sunset pic while standing in the water too.

I'm so looking forward to my weekend away.  I know I've mentioned that in the last few posts, but I'm at the point where I'm almost bone weary.  Once I come back, it's only another 3 weeks until I have 11 days off work.  I will have a quick trip to NZ as mentioned previously (for work/retreat related things) and then back home to attend a retreat in Yamba.  Near the water.  With yoga.  And meditation.  And good food.  And rest.  And beach walks.  I come back from the retreat and pretty much return straight to work  but I figure I should be pretty chilled out after the retreat so all good.  

Going back to the Sydney/Kiama visit, I'm unsure if I'll be able to post while I'm away.  I'm not taking my laptop as I'm planning a computer free break.  I will have my mobile phone, but am not very good at accessing sites like this from there so may just give it a miss until I get back.  If that's the case, tomorrow night may be my last post until Monday night.  Any that appear in between will be a bonus!

Today's pic is of the sunset this evening at Wellington Point.




No comments:

Post a Comment