Monday, February 17, 2014

Hello out there!!  I'm back after my trip to Sydney and Kiama, feeling like I've had a nice little break from the world and from the awful heat and humidity I returned to.  It rained most of the time I was away, so it was awesome to enjoy some slightly cooler weather.

On Friday, I wandered about Circular Quay and enjoyed the sights of the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.  I lunched with a friend I hadn't seen in a while and another friend of hers.  My friend's friend (are you still with me there?) and I had a lot in common as it turned out, so there was plenty of chatter and lots of laughter throughout our few hours together.

I caught the train down to Kiama in the afternoon and met up with my friend down there.  It was good to see him again and to see the changes he's making to his house.  He's started doing some woodworking and has made some great furniture.  He even has some pot plants that are alive and flourishing!

His lady friend joined us for dinner on the Saturday night and she and I got along really well.  So well I think he may have had second thoughts on whether it had been a good idea to introduce us... because together we were quite the pair and teased the living daylights out of him.  In a nice way of course.  After all, there was plenty of payback that had been waiting for him. 

Sunday, his lady friend and her little boy joined us and we went off to explore the Kiama Markets, then take a drive down to Berry.  I need to go back to Berry!!  We didn't have nearly enough time there.  It was a gorgeous little place.  Over the next few days, I'll post some photo's of my time away.

Sunday afternoon I headed back to the city, where I stayed overnight before flying home today.  I was meant to catch up with another dear friend and have dinner, however, she had a mini disaster with some flooding following torrential rain.  So once she'd mopped up, we had about an hour and a half chat on the phone.  

Both of us are growing new businesses and my friend had plenty of wisdom she was happy to share with me.  Some of our work may even intermesh together down the track a little, so that's a bit exciting too.  Although we didn't catch up in person, it was great to chat on the phone for so long.  It probably would have been longer had my phone battery not been dying!

Given I no longer had a dinner companion, I went down to the lobby to ask whether there were any Thai or Asian restaurants nearby.  I was directed down the road to a tiny little Thai place that was tucked away in among some old buildings with no signage.  Oh my goshes, their food was amazing!!  Some of the best Thai food I have ever had.  I will definitely be going there again next time I stay at that place.

Early flight home this morning and arrived to very hot humid conditions.  It was pretty horrible weather.  I was feeling rather unwell and then couldn't find my car.  I spent 45 mins checking all the levels of the car park, then going across to another car park.  After checking my bag for the 3rd time, I finally found the piece of paper I'd written down where my car was parked and went back to where I started!  I was on the right level of the first car park when I started looking, in the right row, I'd just been at the wrong end.  Sigh.  All good though, I found it and was extremely grateful for the air con in my car.

Today's pic might be a two pic post as I'll put up the pics of the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.



No comments:

Post a Comment