Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ah dear reader, what a day it's been today!  One of those crazy mixed up days where all kinds of things happen.  Firstly the good stuff, followed by the oops stuff, the frustrating/amusing stuff, the happy/sad stuff, the holy dooley stuff and back to the good stuff.

Good stuff is my weight is returning to the pre-hormonal fluctuation number, so happy about that.  The oops stuff, is I slept in.  I actually slept until just after 6am!! Can you believe that?  Awesome!  Obviously I made up for the lack of sleep the previous night.  I still woke once or twice but went straight back to sleep. Sleeping in meant that it didn't give me enough time to do my yoga nidra this morning which was a pest but I had a good day which I'm guessing is more to do with the amount of sleep I had.  

I got into work this morning to find we had some computer issues.  As in not being able to log on type issues.  And when eventually we were able to log on, we couldn't access emails.  Then when the emails were sorted, it kept freezing.  And it was rinse repeat from there on and off during the day. Makes it interesting and keeps you on your toes. 

Happy news is one of our clients gave birth to a beautiful little boy with down's syndrome (not known about until birth).  The sad news is he also has a hole in his heart and will remain in hospital for up to 3 months or so.  

Then the news this afternoon of another client, who's husband has been missing for a few years so she's single parenting 6 children aged 17 yrs down to 3 yrs, is in intensive care in hospital.  So some challenging times ahead for these two families and lots of positive hopeful thoughts going their way.  All in all it turned out to be a surprisingly productive day given the computer issues.

The holy dooley stuff was having a car accident this afternoon on my way home from work.  I can't say that was on my list of things to do today!  I'd been stopped at traffic lights at a small intersection and there were two vehicles in front of me with the one directly in front of me towing a boat. As you cross the intersection, there is a service station on the left which is the same side I was driving.  

Lights turn green, everyone starts to go, vehicle with boat gets across the intersection, and just before service station driveway, stops!!  And decides he might turn in.  It appears the poor guy didn't have indicators in his car either. I brake suddenly to avoid him, hear the 4WD drive screech behind me as they try to brake and wait for the impact, hoping I wouldn't be sandwiched between the boat and the 4WD.  

Thankfully I wasn't, but the rear end of my little car is a little sad and the bumper is kind of hanging awkwardly.  I also have the imprint of the other driver's number plate in my bumper.

The guy with the boat drove into the servo ahead of us and according to the driver who ran into me, slowed down, kinda gaped at us and then drove through the servo without actually stopping!  

The good stuff from that is no one was hurt, both vehicles are insured, I was still able to drive despite the damage, my son was able to tie the boot down with cable ties and find where to turn off the interior light for the boot.

The amusing thing is that it was all caught on the service station video camera so they will be able to get the boat driver's plate number from the video if the insurance company needs it to verify what happened.

The lady who hit me was lovely and not nearly as scattered in her thinking as I was, which was very helpful!  When we were leaving she's says, I'll go first this time so I can't get you again which made us both chuckle.

And lastly, the fun stuff.  Tomorrow night is supposed to be date night with my eldest granddaughter who is 7.  I'm not sure if that will go ahead, it will depend on when my car goes in for repairs.  But driving to work this morning I was thinking about how we could do these date nights once a month over the coming year.  And I had a great idea! (even if I do say so myself).. I guess it will also depend on how Miss 7 is too, but I think she'll be up for it.  

I was thinking we could do around the world date nights!  As in a different type of cuisine each time.  There are so many options here in Brisbane, so this could be great fun.  Some we could do as day trips or attend festivals, but the variety is definitely out there. 

We could start with Aussie and I can present the idea to her and she can be the chooser for next months cuisine adventure.  We could have yum cha in Chinatown or attend Chinese New Year somewhere in the city, Italian food and gelato from La Dolce Vita near where I work followed by a trip to the art supplies shop across the road, we could attend the Greek festival, go to the German restaurant near where I live.. or the French one or the Mexican one or the Thai one or maybe the Indian one... we could go to a Turkish restaurant and see some belly dancing, we could go to the Persian restaurant where the food is delicious, and then there's the Eritrean restaurant that is run by women and all the money goes back to their country to help other women in need.  So many choices!  And the possibility for so much fun!!  

Well that's about it from me for tonight as it's getting late and I'm ready for bed.  Thanks for reading :)

Today's pic is some of the damage to my little car.  Probably doesn't look much from there but from what I can see I will need a new bumper, rear door and repairs to the boot.



No comments:

Post a Comment