Friday, January 3, 2014

Hello again!  Wow, two days in a row.. I am off to a good start!  I managed to do some yoga nidra first thing this morning and started the day off with my apple cider vinegar concoction.  Ok so concoction is probably not the right word, given it's just a tablespoon in water with about half a teaspoon (if that) of honey to make it slightly more palatable.  And all before work!!  

I have to say for some obscure reason, I cope better with the vinegar mix than I do with the pomegranate juice.  

I'm also keeping my Louise Hay affirmations close to hand and have a read through a couple of times a day.  I figure it can't hurt and taking the two minutes to reflect on them is a good addition to the self care moments during the work day.

I've also been a little more pro-active and have booked an appointment for tomorrow with my kinesiologist who I don't see very often.  Probably not often enough. In other words, only when something is wrong.  Again that whole troubleshooting thing rather than ongoing maintenance.  

Work was surprisingly quiet for a first day back, although only half the staff are back yet too.  I imagine Monday will be a different story.  The upside of that was I had a good uninterrupted stretch, which is pretty amazing in itself, and was able to almost complete a forward planning type work plan that I'd been trying to do since late last year.

Driving to and from work is awesome at the moment, not much traffic on the road and cuts down the drive by anything up to half an hour.  I made it in about 40 minutes today!  And no, I wasn't speeding either.

On the way home, I decided I felt like fish for dinner so stopped at the fish market and bought some parrot fish fillets.  Oh my goshes, it was very yummy.  Just baked in foil in the oven, then I made a white parsley sauce to put on it and served it with a bunch of steamed veggies.  

Anyways, that's it from me for today.  Today's pic is of my favourite place to spend some quiet time, chill out time, re-energise time, whatever you seem to need time.  Although it's not the pic I was looking for, however, you will get the jist of what it's like.






No comments:

Post a Comment