Friday, January 17, 2014

Hellooooo out there!  I've been planning an early night each day this week and I think I've progressively got later instead!  Ah well, I might put it on the to do list for next week.  And see if I can't manage a sleep in on the weekend.

I caught a bus to the train station this morning and good lord maud, the mozzies were fierce at 7am!  And it was already quite humid.  It was blissful to get on the bus and enjoy the air con.  A bus, two trains and 90 mins or so later and I was ready to walk up the hill to work.  

The walk that a week ago I could have done, but not without the brick on my chest feeling.  Today I did that walk without any issues!!!  Yay for medication that my body is happy with.  Not sure what the heart rate and blood pressure were like, but I figure no chest heaviness has got to be a good thing.  

I couldn't get out of my own way this morning when I first woke, so didn't do my yoga nidra. After starting off so well, this week has been bit of a slack week for it. However, I did do some surreptitious (isn't that a great word!!) deep breathing on the train so surely that would have counted for something.

But for me, walking that hill was surely the highlight of my day.  It's not a huge hill, however, it has a steady gradient.  It makes an enormous difference not having those side effects.  I still get the occasional issue, but it's occasional and each day it's less.  So getting up bit of a hill can be a very exciting thing!! 

Today was one of those crazy busy type days, I seemed to have one meeting after another at work with barely enough time between them to catch my breath.  All necessary but just a little full on.  I have to say I'm very glad that the first week back was so slow and I was able to do some catch up stuff before this week's onslaught.  All good though, I did take half an hour out for lunch which I managed to put together before leaving this morning.  Just some chicken and salad, but yum.

Ohh and do you want to hear the really exciting news?  The bit that surprised me and put a big smile on my face? My weight is back within cooeee of the pre hormonal fluctation.  Just .2 difference.  How awesome is that!  And quicker than it usually happens too.  I know you shouldn't weigh every day but I get a bit paranoid when that fluctuation happens, even though I know what's behind it and it will happen again, etc etc.. I just like to know it's gone again.

As for my little car, due to the crazy busy day I didn't get an opportunity to call the insurance agency for an update.  So it's on the to do list for tomorrow and I will hopefully have some idea of how long I will be without my little beast.

I attended an interesting health seminar tonight which provided some things to think about and also some suggestions for things that I could probably quite easily incorporate in my life.  So going to suss that out some more and go from there.

My youngest son would be about to get on a plane I think and head back from Bali to Aus.  It sounds like he's been having a great time, going from the facebook messages he's been sending me.  A few big nights by the sound of it, but has done some exploring by scooter as well. 

I have to say that the biggest glitch with me doing my blog late in the evening, is I'm all over the place.  The chatter or blogging doesn't always follow a logical path, it's more as it comes into my head than anything else. Hopefully anyone reading this can cope with that!

Well I'm about to head off to bed.  Who knows?  Perhaps tomorrow night I'll get this done a smidgeon earlier!

Today's pic is a very special one to me.  The organ pictured used to belong to my grandparents and when I was growing up, they always said it would be left to me.  I used to play when I was younger and I loved this organ.  When they passed, the organ ended up going elsewhere.  Then 6 months ago, I had a call out of the blue from a relative saying they recalled I loved this organ and would I now like it.  Would I??? Of course!!!  So in September, it arrived to live with me.  Oh my gosh, the emotion it evoked.  

I haven't played for so long and I'm incredibly rusty.  The organ needs a little work but it's still a beautiful instrument.  I need to find someone who knows how to work on these old beauties.  Anyways, I just wanted to share this on my little blog.  

I hope anyone reading has had a day with some awesome in there somewhere.





No comments:

Post a Comment