Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hello again!  

First up and just for the record, I kept my promise from last night to do my yoga nidra today.  I didn't sleep well last night and I was so tempted to try and get some more sleep rather than do it, but then I figured I'd still be tired anyway, so I may as well do some deep relaxation instead.  I have to say it's very well worth the effort, even when I have a case of the blahs.  It's making such a difference in my energy levels and the way I feel generally through out the day.

Today was day 2 back on my former meds.  Although I didn't sleep well last night, I wasn't nearly as tired today as I was yesterday surprisingly.  The other symptoms I was experiencing have eased off and I'm hopeful they will be completely gone in a few days.  It's a nice feeling being able to walk up a slight hill again without feeling the not so pleasant effects.  

I've been drinking plenty of water too, so I imagine that's also helpful.  I've always been a fan of water, especially icy cold water in the summer time and then room temperature in winter plus a mug of boiling water with a slice of lemon in it every morning.

Have I mentioned I'm off to see the musical of Rocky Horror Show soon?  One of my sons gave me two tickets for my 50th birthday and my sister is going to to come for a visit and see the show with me.  Can't wait!  I love musicals, especially those with a bit of comedy in them and it's been a while since I've seen one.  I think one of my favourites has been Menopause the Musical.  If you haven't seen it and you have the opportunity to do so, I highly recommend it!  It's hilarious.

I seem to have a lot of plans for this year already, it's shaping up to be a very exciting year.  The one thing I've noticed though, is I think I need more annual leave from work ... I have too many things I want to do!!  Ah well, all good... I will just have to pace myself and make the most of the long weekends that pop up.

I'm deciding on whether to squeeze in a 3rd retreat this year.  Perhaps somewhere mid year and run another one here in Aus.  Decisions decisions.  I'd love to do it, but it's seeing whether the interest is there and if I can work it in.  I'd also like to run it in a month that's not stinking hot too .. I'm such a wuss when it comes to the heat!

The other thing I'm interested in doing is running a monthly workshop somewhere locally.  Just a 2-3 hr type of get together once a month.  I have a few idea's floating for that and had planned to really nut it all out while I was on leave over Christmas, but was so unwell nothing much really happened.  So I'm wondering whether it matters starting a bit later.. as in not right at the beginning of the year.  What do you think?  Does that sound silly?  I need to get my head down and tail up with the planning of it if I'm going to go ahead.

  
By the way, one of my favourite sayings at the moment (actually, I have a lot of favourite sayings) is... follow the dreams that inspire your soul.  That one is really calling out to me at the moment and seems so appropriate given all the thoughts that keep popping into my head lately in relation to the dreams I'm aiming to fulfil.  

Anyways, I'm going to finish this one here and head off to bed.  

PS.. another one of my dreams is to go to Italy some day.  The pic I'm going to add is one from Venice that is beckoning to me.

PPS.. have I mentioned that I also want to learn to speak Italian?  I have some books and had a few lessons a couple of years ago, but life got in the way and I didn't keep it up.  I found I could read it better than I could speak or understand it though.  

PPPS.. Italian lovers are ooh lala.  Um should I really mention that here I wonder?



Edited to fix all the flippin' errors I had in here tonight!
  

2 comments:

  1. Italy, and particularly Venice (before it sinks) is one of my bucket list items, too, Rikki.
    *B*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it on my 5 yr plan.. so I'm still spritely enough to enjoy it and maybe ride a scooter or a bicycle around. Scary thought eh?

      Delete