Friday, January 24, 2014

Hello out there to anyone reading!  Today has been one of those not so flash days where I was feeling not so chipper.  I went into work for a little while, then turned round and came home again before I got worse and was unable to drive safely.  

I slept on and off for the afternoon, made some chicken and sweet corn soup (because it doesn't take much energy, tastes good and you feel like you've had something that will help) and didn't do a great deal at all other than rest.

Inbetween feeling blah, I did manage to complete the research questionnaire on grief and loss that I'd been working on and I've been able to send it out into the world.  Hopefully there will be enough answers for me to get a good overview for the projects I have in mind.

I can't say I have anything rivetingly exciting to report on today though.  I did my yoga nidra this morning and have found another meditation that I like the sound of also put together by Dr Gillian Ross, so I might give it a try tonight.  
I heard a song recently that I kind of liked, I hadn't heard it before.  It's called A Quarter After One by Lady Antebellum (not sure of spelling?).  I had heard of the group but wasn't familiar with their music.  

I've been contemplating whether to drop off the contact with someone in my life that I care very much about.  This someone is a professional in their field, an amazing artist, and someone who's company I enjoy very very much.  So what's the hitch you say?  

The hitch is this person eats breathes and sleeps music.  Married to it.  First love.  One true love.  Couldn't live without it.  Makes up an enormous part of their life.  It's their work and a big part of their recreation.   Are you starting to get my drift here?  And to be honest, that's a big part of the appeal (aside from the fact they have a good sense of humour, we share some common interests and I love that we can talk about anything).. I love their passion for music (and helicopters and star wars but that's a whole other story).  It spills into all aspects of their life. This passion makes them the artist and person they are. 

Now when I say drop off contact, I don't mean drop off the friendship or drop the person out of sight and out of mind.  I like to think the friendship will be enduring whatever comes and I think they will always hold their own special place in my heart.  

As it is now, I hear from this passionate musical soul somewhat regularly usually by text message, perhaps once a week.  It used to be more, but it's dropped off a little over recent times due to the busyness of their life and new ventures they are aiming for with their music.  And we only catch up, as in spend time together, when they pop up for air which of course, depends on what's going on.  

So at various times in the past, that has varied anything from 8 or 9 mths between seeing each other, to as frequently as every couple of weeks, or once a month.  For example, we had a long stretch where we saw each other fairly regularly - regularly being anything from fortnightly to monthly or so. More recently, it's been a 6 month break which was followed by a beautiful catch up just before Christmas.  

Even when there has been big breaks between seeing each other, there has always been some type of contact, usually by text message.  Often instigated by me.. hi, how you going, what have you been up to, what about this heat,was thinking of you so just saying hi, did you get that storm, etc etc... although plenty of times by them too.. hey there, how are you, what's been happening, life has been crazy busy here, I stopped and my body crashed (funny about that when you push it so hard!), I'd like to see you, hugs, etc... but you get the picture.  

So what do I do?  Keep it as it is?  Which is what I've been doing for a while as I made the decision a long time ago to just enjoy the time we spend together when it happens, without stressing about what it is or isn't or anything else in between.  And that's been fine.  It's worked well and I have absolutely no regrets over that.  

I'm just wondering if it's time I stepped back a little.  Perhaps give a little space.  Maybe not message as frequently (currently once every few days, or occasionally it may be a message a couple of days running, then a gap of a few days or more).  I don't know, I'm undecided about what to do.  As I said, I love the friendship we share and the time we spend together is always awesome.  I imagine we will always remain friends.  Is it silly I'm even thinking this?  I don't know.  Perhaps I'll just sit with my undecidedness for a little while longer.

Ok, so now that's out.. what pic can I share with you today?  Hmm I think a garden pic from just after I moved here.. before it was as overgrown as it is today!  I can't believe how much the trees and shrubs have grown since then. Not nearly as much room for my flowers now, although I still manage to get them in there somewhere!

Until tomorrow, enjoy :)






No comments:

Post a Comment