Friday, January 31, 2014

Ahh Fridays, how I love them!  I'm so ready for the weekend by the time it rocks around.  Must be this getting older thing, the time seems to be going faster and faster each year. 

Well today has been the peak of kind of a cumulative effort over the last couple of days.  It's made me realise that my body does not like a high protein diet and/or foods that aren't entirely natural and are perhaps a little processed such as meal replacement shakes or protein bars.  

Yes, I admit to thinking I would see if there was a slightly easier way to get things moving.  But alas, no.  My body has revolted against this idea and is not happy at all.  

So it will be back to what I know best and what seems to keep my body happiest.. plenty of fresh fruit and veggies (well more veggies than fruit for me), along with a little meat with minimal processed foods.  

I know I should have stuck with what I know works well for me, but I was longing to see some downward movement on the scales, not just the status quo so I thought I'd try the 'easy' way for a couple of weeks.  Lesson taken on board!

And while we're on the subject of health, yes I did my yoga nidra today.  It is so worth the effort for me.  

Well it seems this weekend will be a time to play with the little people in my life.  My two grandsons who are almost 5 yrs and 18mths are coming over for a couple of hours to play, then my 2 yr old granddaughter is going to come join me for a sleepover.  

I've only seen the boys once since Christmas (last night) and this will be the first time I've seen my youngest granddaughter since Christmas too, so I'm looking forward to the fun we're going to have.

That's about it for me today.  I will update you on whatever shenanigans the little people bring tomorrow.

Today's pic is another sunset pic taken out by the water near where I live.




No comments:

Post a Comment