Monday, January 20, 2014

How ironic!  As you know, my car is out of action due to an accident earlier in the week.  This weekend, with no wheels, I seemed to spend more time away from home then I do when I have a car!

You already know about yesterday (ah see?  a blog can be informative!) so I'll share my today with you.  I did a couple, not many, just a couple of chores this morning before my friend S came to collect me around 9am and we headed up to the Sunshine Coast for much of the day. 

One of said chores was cleaning some grease out of my carpet.  My pedestal fan broke at 4am yesterday morning, thankfully I heard it otherwise the motor may have burnt out.  I thought it was just dust that had fallen on the floor but when I went to vacuum it up this morning, I realised it was actually grease.  Yikes!  

Thankfully there is google!!  So I have had an attempt at cleaning it up and have done reasonably well.  It may need another go, but the worst of it has gone, so relieved about that.

Our road trip was fun.  We laughed ourselves silly, pretty much on and off the whole day, had a lovely time wandering the local Sunday markets, then went to the beach and dipped our toes in.  Well at least I did, S preferred to sit and enjoy the view rather than get her toes wet.  I love to walk on the sand and feel the water over my feet.  The water was at just right temperature and was refreshing despite the heat.  I managed to get slightly pink from the sun, but nothing too major and it will hopefully be gone tomorrow.

Today I missed my yoga nidra again, but am thinking I may do it before bed instead.  I've enjoyed another day of feeling rather well and had the most delicious fresh berry ice type of drink while I was in Caloundra today.  

I'm not a fan of food bars, doesn't matter whether they are muesli fruit or whatever, they're just not something I particularly like.  However, S had brought along a protein bar for me to try and it was actually ok.  So I'm going to try another couple during the week and see how I go with them.  They can be used as a meal replacement or as a snack between meals.. say if you eat half at morning tea and half in the afternoon.  

We were on our way home when I had a message from the son who lives with me to ask if I'd be home for dinner.  It turns out he and his girlfriend were cooking and they served up a delicious lemon chicken breast with steamed veggies.  What a treat!

So the weekend seems to have flown and it's already Sunday night.  How does that happen so fast?

Today's pic will be of Golden Beach, where I enjoyed the feeling of the sand beneath and the water over my feet.  Such a luscious day.



No comments:

Post a Comment