Sunday, January 12, 2014

Oops, I didn't end up posting yesterday so doing an early morning post for yesterday instead.

I had another visit with my GP yesterday and finally got a clearance for my arm/shoulder - yay!  Nice to have that all good again.

I was also able to negotiate returning to my previous BP medication, due to feeling so blah on the medication I've been taking.  So after two months of various medication trials and not feeling good for the majority of that two months, I'm excited about returning to the medication that doesn't affect me negatively.  

My GP agreed that it's possible my higher BP reading the particular day he changed my meds, could have been related to the level of pain I was experiencing at the time, along with my anxiety. He was also very open to working together to sort this out, so the plan is for me to continue the yoga nidra, work with a psychologist around the anxiety triggers (given there are specific triggers rather than ongoing or constant anxiety), and to reduce my weight.  

Needless to say my anxiety was at an all time high when I went in to see him as I knew I wanted to talk with him about returning to the former meds and I wasn't sure what his response to that would be.  So I felt a huge relief when he was open to all I discussed with him.  He's also happy to monitor things on a monthly basis for now and see how we go.

So what did the rest of my day hold?  A visit to the library, a nap, a chat online with my adventurous son in Bali (good to know he arrived safely!) and then I went down to the Gold Coast to celebrate my friend Emelisa's birthday at a yummy Thai restaurant.  Good food, good company, fun times... what more could one want!

Today's pic is another one from beautiful Tasmania and was taken from underneath historic Richmond Bridge.  I feel like I'm kind of at the bottom of those steps heading on up to some awesome changes in life.



No comments:

Post a Comment