Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hello again, it's me here :)

Well sleep was very elusive last night.  I slept fitfully but didn't get much at all, probably due to all the excitement (for want of a better word) yesterday afternoon.  The last time I looked at the time it was around 1am, then I must have dozed off for a while.  Woke a couple of times, dozed again, then was wide awake at 5am but feeling like I hadn't slept at all.  I tried doing my yoga nidra but kept dozing during it and just couldn't focus, so gave up on it because I figured if I was dozing, then I'm probably deeply relaxed lol.  

Today I started chasing up all the insurance rigmarole that goes along with having had a dingle.  I was sent off to an authorised repairer about 15 - 20 mins drive away.  They are to take photo's and do a quote for the insurance company.  

Once they came out to examine my car, I was told it was illegal to drive it as is so I would have to leave it there.  Sigh.. what a pain!  However, they were kind enough drive me home.  I'm hoping to find out tomorrow whether I have the use of a hire car as part of my insurance coverage while my car is being repaired.

I didn't end up going in to work at all today, I did some work from home during the morning and then once I came back from the car repair place, I felt absolutely exhausted.  I guess the lack of sleep finally caught up.  So I arranged to have the rest of the day off work and I slept.  Like a baby for just over 2 hrs until the phone rang.  I've also dozed on and off since then and am feeling ready for bed now.  Fingers crossed for a great sleep night!

I also had to postpone date night with Miss 7, so will reschedule that once I have wheels again.  

Exciting news is that dang hormonal weight fluctuation has almost reduced completely and I'm less than half a kg away from the starting weight. Very happy with that because it seems to have dropped down a little faster than usual.  

The other good thing about not having my car, is I wanted something from the shop up the road, so it forced me to go for a walk.  It's not a particularly long walk, but it's a little uphill and enough to get the heart rate up a bit.  It was really nice walking at dusk, there was a light breeze which made it that little bit cooler.

Well I'm struggling to stay awake here and be coherent, so it's probably time I wandered off to bed.  Thanks for reading and I hope you've had an awesome day.

Today's pic is one I took in NZ of the lupins growing wild at Lake Wanaka.  It was windy that day so the lake looked a bit like surf, but you can still see the beautiful blue of the water, some of the green-ness on the mountains and the snow capped peaks.  Sigh.. it's only 7 weeks til I go back there for a few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment