Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dear Reader

Today I actually slept in.  Well technically not slept in but slept right up until my alarm went off, which meant I didn't have time for my yoga nidra before work.  I'm planning to give it a go tonight and will hopefully be able to finish it before drifting off to sleep.

I had external supervision for work today and my supervisor has been checking in with me around the retreat planning.  Given none of this had started until a meeting with her late Sept/early Oct, she has been almost as excited as I've been about the progress.  Today she told me what I've achieved so far was inspiring.  When I said to her that I didn't know about that, because I haven't actually run the first one yet, she pointed out how much I'd achieved in that short space of time.  

From mentioning what I'd like to do, to going ahead and taking baby steps, each one forming a springboard for the next step.  I guess when you look at it that way, there has been a lot done.  

From just a thought, to acquiring two mentors, planning two retreats, having one almost fully booked with attendees, a trip to NZ coming up to complete the plans for the second retreat, draft programs in place for both retreats, considering a 3rd retreat, ideas for monthly workshops and a possible venue for same, coming up with a business name and registering it, reshuffling the facebook page I already had for belly casting to encompass that and become more in line with the business I'm hoping to create.  

When you look at it like that, there's been a lot done in almost 4 months, so it was nice to be reminded of that.  I also reminded her that her input and telling me she would hold me accountable was a huge motivator for me.  She tells me she's going to continue to hold me accountable!  

I will have one more session with her in 2 months time, before she heads off on 6 months travel so by the time she returns, I will have run at least one retreat, may have workshops up and running, may have some writing done and will be about to host the NZ retreat all being well. She tells me she will be looking forward to an update upon her return.

I'm also wanting to do a little research for a project I have in mind.  I'm looking to have peoples input on their experiences of grief and would like to send out a questionnaire to anyone who may be interested.  I'm unsure if there is a way to email from this site, so if you would like to participate and feel comfortable leaving me a comment, I will find a way from there.  Or is it better for me to provide an email address here?  

Yesterday and today have been very hot and humid again.. I have to say I can't wait for the cooler weather.  I ok with some warm weather but I'm not really terribly fond of summer.  Any other season is just fine by me.  I am enjoying the fact that the trains and buses I catch every day have great air con.

Well that's it from me tonight.  Today's pic was taken just over 4 yrs ago at Mt Wellington in Hobart, surrounded by snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment